When you visit someone else's home, a grocery store or another commercial property, you expect that the property owner is abiding by the law and has done everything possible to keep you from suffering harm. This means fixing tripping hazards, cleaning up spills, properly identifying dangers with clear signage and installing security devices to deter assaults or other violent crimes, just to name a few.
Property owners throughout Texas and New Mexico are required by law to keep their property free of any hazards that could cause harm to visitors. Unfortunately, some property owners ignore their duty of care along with the dangers present on their property. As a result, innocent people suffer injuries or are killed because a property owner was negligent.
At Salam & Associates, PC, we don't let property owners simply walk away from their responsibility to you and your safety. When property owners are negligent, we make sure they are held accountable and that you recover the compensation you need to cover your medical costs, lost wages and pain and suffering. With offices in Richardson and availability to meet (by appointment only) in Las Cruces, we serve throughout the region.
We Bring Dangerous Properties to Light
Negligence is defined as failing to take care in a manner expected for a particular situation. As such, this definition can apply to numerous premises liability situations, including:
• Failing to remove broken tree limbs, which could fall on a visitor and cause a brain injury
• Failing to address issues with a home's room or ceiling, which could cause debris to fall on a person's head
• Not warning visitors about a dangerous dog or other pet, which can lead to violent attacks and serious or life-altering injuries
• Not addressing sidewalk or pavement upheaval, which can lead to a trip-and-fall accident
• Failing to properly fence off a pool area, which can lead to drownings and serious injuries
• Failing to install property lighting or security cameras, which can lead to muggings and assaults
• Negligent security or poorly trained security guards who do not adequately prevent accidents or attacks at a business or on other commercial property
When injuries and wrongful deaths happen because a property owner knew about a danger, but did nothing to correct the problem, victims and their families deserve to be compensated for the damages they suffer.
Taking the Right Steps
For 25 years, attorney Fatima Hassan-Sallam has fought to secure damages for her clients after slip-and-fall, trip-and-fall and other premises liability incidents. The steps she takes to secure compensation include:
• Establishing negligence and the right to compensation. Proving a property owner was negligent may be difficult, but it is not impossible. We will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your case to determine if negligence was a factor and how it led to your injuries or the death of a loved one.
• Gathering evidence. Even the smallest detail could play a major role in your personal injury claim. We will start gathering evidence immediately, talking to witnesses and establishing a clear timeline of events to support your claim and the truth.
• Filing a claim in a timely manner. We know how Texas and New Mexico statutes of limitations can negatively impact a compensation claim, which is why we make sure your paperwork is filed in a timely manner.
• Handling negotiations with the insurance company. We know how to play hardball with insurance carriers that may not want to pay out on a policy if they can help it. We will make sure they take your injuries seriously and are compensating you fully for your present and future health care needs.
• Effectively presenting evidence at trial. Our skilled attorneys use effective strategies to highlight the defendant's wrongdoing and rationalize a compensation amount.
• Aggressively fighting for the best interests of the victim. We never back down from a fight when your best interests are on the line. We get results you will be happy with.
Call Us Now for Peace of Mind
Your pain and suffering should not be ignored. Let us handle the legal paperwork, recover compensation for you and your family, and hold the negligent property owner responsible for your injuries or loved one's death.
Call 972-437-1900 or send us an email to schedule a free 30-minute initial consultation where you can discuss your case with a lawyer from our firm. Hablamos español.